Controlling when I publish Studio videos for students

Jump to solution
SangeetaDhawan
Community Explorer

I have prepared several videos in Studio that I plan to use in the course but I don't want them to be visible all at once. 

1) Can I control when I publish specific videos? Is this controlled by when the Module with a specific video is published? Example: If the module is not yet published, the video will not be visible.

2) If the above is not possible, can I control which Collection in Studio is accessible to students? I have organized videos into collections, and specific collections are relevant to specific classes.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@SangeetaDhawan ...

The Studio interface does not let you control when to publish or not publish videos.  In fact, there are no options in the Studio interface to "publish" or "not publish" videos that you've added to your Studio library.  This is also true for Collections (I like to think of these as folders) in Studio.  The Studio library is your own.  Students cannot see the videos you've added to your own Studio library in their Studio view.  Every user has their own Studio library interface.  So, you'd need to embed any of your Studio videos into content pages within your course in order for your students to view said videos.

Does this information help to answer your question?

View solution in original post

0 Likes