Course Pacing with Canvas Catalog

Jump to solution
christopher_ma5
Community Explorer

Our organization is considering implementing Canvas Catalog with Course Pacing. My understanding is that Course Catalog allows you to define a time range (e.g. 150 days, 1 month, etc.) in which the student can complete the course for credit; however, once the that time period expires, the student still retains access to the course and can continue to submit work albeit not for credit. For us, it would work better if the course switched to read-only access or altogether unenrolled the student from the course. I'm curious, with course pacing, if we make the last assignment due 150 days from the time of enrollment, will the student still be able to continue working or will the course conclude and remain in a read-only state for the student? I'm just generally curious how the two functionalities, Catalog and Pacing, will operate together. 

3 Solutions
AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure

@christopher_ma5 Great questions. Do you currently use Catalog, or are you evaluating these two solutions together? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

We are currently evaluating these solutions. 

0 Likes
Ok, thanks for letting me know! I'm going to talk with the Canvas Catalog product manager and will get back to you with a clear answer.