cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akinsey
Community Contributor

Module Progression

Jump to solution

Has anyone seen that with the New Discussions Redesign turned on, that you no longer have the "next" or "previous" option to progress through Modules? Is this a bug or an expected option, like New Quizzes?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katrina-Hess
Instructure
Instructure

Hi all, the previous and next buttons for the modules will be available in Discussions Redesign soon. We are not changing the placement of the buttons at this time, so you will see them at the bottom of the page. Will post an update on upcoming features this week. Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
bennej28
Community Participant

Ditto on Navigation. Thanks aKinsey-Adventurer. 

bennej28
Community Participant

I logged out - and logged back into Canvas, now back to the previous design and see Navigation (directionals) they may be testing it. 

SusanNiemeyer
Community Participant

I just enabled and then disabled the New Discussions Resign because of the lack of the "Next" button. I have carefully organized the items of my Modules to have a logical progression. Losing the option to click on "Next" is a bit of deal-breaker for me. I hope that it can be brought back soon.

akinsey
Community Contributor

We tried this a few times and it did not come back. I'm assuming it's like New Quizzes at this point and we're just not at that point yet.

mwolfenstein
Community Participant

Definitely no navigation buttons either. I'm going to have to tell my faculty that if they're using it for now they need to manually add a link to the next page in the module. This is even more essential than rubrics in terms of getting it fixed fast since Modules design is absolutely essential (as the Canvas team knows) in making a clear path through a course.

If it's at all possible to add those buttons below the discussion prompt rather than at the bottom of the replies it would be a huge UI improvement.

JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

Yeah, we're seeing the same, and instructors are reporting needing those buttons to reappear. 

Katrina-Hess
Instructure
Instructure

Hi everyone, we are looking to improve the Module navigation. Please stay tuned, we'll post design updates here as we get further along.

epulham
Community Participant

Ok. It's July 20th now -- any updates since June 24th? @Katrina-Hess 

Katrina-Hess
Instructure
Instructure

Hi all, the previous and next buttons for the modules will be available in Discussions Redesign soon. We are not changing the placement of the buttons at this time, so you will see them at the bottom of the page. Will post an update on upcoming features this week. Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post