cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Behind the Scenes: Support for Student Learning

Technology can often be a barrier to student success, but with the right support, it can become their backstage pass to information and student-centered learning. This session discusses best practices in preparing students to use Canvas, as well as options for identifying, tracking, and supporting at-risk students.

Presenter: Kona Jones

Location Map & Room: KOKOPELLI 1

Login to "Add a comment" below!

18 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

This year I'm going to expand on what I talked about last year at InstructureCon. That session, shown below, was more focused on student retention and our use of Canvas and Dropout Detective.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Looking for more information on our mandatory student orientation?

jordan
Community Member

Wish I could be there!  You should do a Google hangouts on air! Live Stream!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Here's the link to my Prezi - Behind the Scenes: Support for Student Learning by Kona Jones on Prezi 

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more information on something I talked about!

awilliams
Surveyor

Deactivated user​, that would be cool to see in the future! I was wondering if anyone did any Periscope or Meerkat during the conference. It would have been interesting to see someone live stream their session. Could even have brought in questions from the chat. May even help out with the sessions that overflowed. Of course, the wireless might need some beefing up for it to run smoothly. Was there a separate network for presenters to use?

jordan
Community Member

GREAT PREZI! Felt like I was there! Just need some Kona audio dubbed over to complete the experience 😉 Strong work!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks Deactivated user​! Hopefully that's coming with the video! 🙂

bacherts
Community Member

Well done  @kona ​ on your presentation!  Would love to touch base regarding the tech survey you sent out to your students and faculty.  We recently sent an Educause survey to our students and faculty and are still processing the data we got back.  Thanks, Sam

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Absolutely! Email? Phone call?