Find a real hidden treasure!

Jump to solution
John_Lowe
Community Champion
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Similar to this Pandámon hunt, there are dozens of real hidden treasures all around you called Geocaches!  One of them (named after me) is hidden just up a short ways from the conference center - GC82F4.

Begin hiking at the trailhead at the Keystone Center. Pass the stump graveyard on your right. Continue on until you reach coordinates N 39° 36.724 W 105° 57.764. You will have to get off of the trail to find the cache.  When you find the geocache container, open it up, sign the log book, and replace it exactly where you found it.  If you would like to trade trinkets, please take only one thing and leave one thing behind for the next person who finds it.

Hint:  To find this cache, look for the "Trinity Rock" and the "Aspen Cross".

To prove you found this geocache, post a photo with you holding the cache container.  Better yet, post a photo to the online geocaching log which is accessible through the Geocaching mobile app, and post a picture of your log entry here!

191941_TL_instconGO.png191942_TR_instconGO.png191943_bottom_instconGO.png

1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, John,

I'm happy you posted this because it gave me an excuse to find a geocache here! This hike was great and didn't take long at all.

IMG_9140.JPGIMG_9144.JPGIMG_9133.JPG

Thanks for the fun!

Erin

View solution in original post