All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2016. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Part of culturally relevant pedgogy and equity pedagogy practices include scaffolding assignments. As an example, students would have multiple due dates for posts in one discussion.  The first due date is for an initial prompt that could then receive...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Introduction:     Processing information shared by fellow Canvas champions can best be done by riding a ski lift to the top of mountain.Details:     North Carolina is a fantastic state! It is where I was born, grew up, and am now raising my kids. How...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

At the conference, my colleague lost his Camp Canvas sweatshirt in one of the conference room sessions. I was wondering if (a) there are any sweatshirts left, and (b) if yes, can I purchase one? I'd like to surprise him with it!Many thanks,Rosie

• 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Canvas API Calls using Google Apps Script Google Apps Script is an excellent platform to leverage API calls to Canvas. Learn how to use it to run actions from Google Spreadsheets and Forms l...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: KEYNOTE: JOSH COATES (instcon16) Josh has built a career the way he builds a business—by reimagining the way things can be done (even if it requires doing some major surgery with an acetylen...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: KEYNOTE: JARED STEIN (instcon16)​Jared Stein has helped teachers design effective blended and online learning since the early days of the web, emphasizing real-world learning, openness, stud...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: KEYNOTE: MITCH MACFARLANE (instcon16)​In 2011, foodie and milkshake aficionado Mitch Macfarlane joined Instructure to help build the Customer Success team from just three employees to nearly...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My Instructrue Con Experience 2016Blog post created by Grace Rommelfanger, RN MSN September 12th, 2016I was privileged to attend Instructure Con 2016 in Keystone, Colorado. This was my second Instructure Con and all I can say was it was “Kumbayawesom...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

These are a few thoughts I had about InstructureCon. Overall we had a great time and really enjoyed the meetings and events. The theme was very creative and was carried out very well. We also really enjoyed the location.   Consider charging a lower p...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My most mundane souvenir: I swapped out my Kroger Plus key tag for one from the City Market down Route 6 in Dillon.

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Instructure is a technology company committed to improving education. We provide instructors and students with modern tools and resources that empower and simplify the learning experience. Instructure offers Canvas, the open, easy-to-use, cloud-nativ...

Community Team Community Team
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Instructure is a technology company committed to improving education. We provide instructors and students with modern tools and resources that empower and simplify the learning experience. Instructure offers Canvas, the open, easy-to-use, cloud-nativ...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We thought the wheel couldn’t be improved upon, then came a design that rolls faster and smoother. Tried and tested course materials can also use some whittling. There’s always room for improvement. Explore Canvas Commons. Learn how we can share reso...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Rubrics are used for formative and summative assessments, as well as for student self-assessment and peer review. This session will cover best practices and instruction for developing four different types of rubrics using the rubric tool available in...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In 2016, InstructureCon moved to Keystone, CO and—for three amazing, learning- and fun-filled days—became Camp Canvas. And since no life-changing summer camp is complete without a safety orientation video, this is our official Camp Canvas safety vide...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Just talked to my CSM and was able to get in the Beta group to try out the Canvas and MS Office 365 option that was demonstrated during the Canvas "hearts" Microsoft Office 365. I have gone back and watched the video which was obviously taped during ...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Leveraging Conferences for Innovative Role-PlayUsing Canvas Conferences, Frontier Nursing University has designed an innovative learning experience for nursing students to role-play with a t...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Chris and Kim Munzo from AspirEDU will lead a panel discussion with representatives of three schools (spanning the K12 and higher ed space) to discuss how the use of early identification of at-risk students has contributed to their student retention ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: BLAM! (Blended Learning for Achievement in Math)Eleven high school students. A three week timeline. BLAM! This blended course is designed for Detroit-area Horizons Upward Bound and Cranbrook...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Let Data be Your CompassCampers are invited to explore how Belhaven University is using data derived from Dropout Detective, Tutor.com, student end-of-course surveys, and faculty observation...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Getting S’more out of your Cengage IntegrationLearn best practices and tips on integrating Cengage digital resources within Canvas. Streamline the student experience with a simple registrati...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Canvas:  The Catalyst for ChangeLearn how one school district used the momentum of Canvas to revive our district-wide 1:1 initiative. Presenters will share fun strategies ranging from distri...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas Groups are so beneficial for extending learning outside the classroom, but require pedagogical strategies for student engagement and success. Learn techniques for successfully grouping students and ensuring every student contributes meaningful...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: A Competency-Based (Lite) Business Program in Canvas In January, our business school came with a compelling directive: Build a competency-based, online degree program. A corporate partner ha...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Migrating to  Canvas from Pearson eCollegeInstructure is a technology company committed to improving education. We provide instructors and students with modern tools and resources that empow...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Building a district wide vision for a Digital Learning Conversion Building a district wide vision for Digital Learning Conversion is no small feat with 168 schools. Attend to learn how inten...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: LTI your Canvas for Great Good In addition to being an awesome learning management system, Canvas is an extensible platform. Come and learn the state of the art so that you can customize Can...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Get S'more from Your Student Feedback Process with EvaluationKIT + Canvas Student feedback is a critical input for managing quality and continuous improvement at every institution. However, ...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The core of Harvard Business School's case method has not changed in over 50 years, but the tools and technologies used to facilitate case-based teaching and learning have evolved at a rapid rate. During this session, we will discuss how HBS is utili...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies