Pre-conference workshop recommendation?

Jump to solution
makraft
Community Contributor

Hi, all! I've just switched departments, so I'm new to Canvas, though not to LMS management. My role is Tier 3 support for our Canvas users (higher ed). I recently participated in Instructure's free live training sessions a few weeks ago, so I feel like I got a decent overview of essentials and admin stuff, but I'm sure both these sessions are a much deeper dive.

If it were you, do you think you'd get more value out of the all day admin session or the Canvas Essentials session?

1 Solution
mjohnson3
Community Contributor

Hi!

I think that either of those would be a good option, but as to which would be best really would be determined by your primary role.  If you work with teachers as a designer more in your T3 support role, I would go with the essentials.  If you work more behind the scenes for lti integration, sis imports, account set up and that sort of thing, I would go with the Admin.  The first conference I attended, these weren't full day sessions, so I got to do versions of both.  This year I am very excited about the Support Field Day and Training the Trainer 90 minute sessions.  I have been our primary T1-T3 support person/ LMS Admin/ Instructor Trainer since we moved to Canvas and I am excited to see how other folks handle their 'unusual' support issues.

Smiley Happy

Mary

View solution in original post