Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjennings
Advocate

Programs! Get Your Programs!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; step right up and get ready for the greatest educational conference on Earth!

Last year I made a handy printable schedule that seemed to be very popular. I figured there may still be a few relics like myself that like the paper for panning out the day. So with out further ado, I present the unofficial InstuctureCarn 2018 Program. Get it while it's hot. 

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Program - Updated on 7/19/18  w/ session changes.

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedule - Updated w/ Main Tent Location & updated Hack Night location on 7/16/18

As always, feel free to reach out to a fellow C.A.R.N.I.E.S.* if you need for info.

Note: I'll will try and keep this updated over the coming weeks in case of any last minute changes.

*Canvas Acrobats Reciprocating Nice Intelligence Each Second 

32 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

You Sir are awesome and have won the Internet for the day! Thank you!!

kenneth_rogers
Instructure
Instructure

@mjennings  - I will admit, I was anxiously awaiting this! Look for a badge (and maybe some points) coming your way soon!

mjennings
Advocate

280355_make-me-blush.gif

mjennings
Advocate

Just realized that I didn't add the schedule like I had last year as well. This has been update.

Here it is if you missed it up top.

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedule

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks,  @mjennings  I was hoping you would do this again for those of who like to see the agenda at a glance, write in the margins and print in a font size that even old fools like myself can read!

You rock!

Kelley

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Last year I often wasn't able to get the app to work so without the paper copy of the schedule I would have been in serious trouble! I even downloaded it to my phone so I could refer to it there (with or without Internet access!). 🙂

Well  @kmeeusen  &  @kona  I am always glad to know that my OCD compulsions for organizing & planning can benefit some.‌

You can rest assured that  @kona ‌ and I completely understand OCD!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I image more than just "some." I think more people than you'd guess would appreciate having the pdf option. Even if they don't print it, I find it easier to view on my computer than the regular program/schedule.

mjennings
Advocate

Just updated the Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedule with the Keynote speaker info that was released today.

mjennings
Advocate

UPDATE: I removed the link to the session program due to significant changes that need to be updated. With the holiday and some vacation days I didn't like leaving this link open. I will update it on 7/9/18. 

Don't fall off the tightrope with I am gone.

mjennings
Advocate

Programs! Get your programs! Hot of the presses with the 7/9/18 updates!

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Program - Updated 7/9/18

Thank you - this was so useful last year! 

martina_blanco
Community Member

Thank you for taking the time to create this.  This is my first time attending InstructureCon and I was a little overwhelmed by all of the choices and have been postponing choosing my sessions because of it.  You have saved me hours of time trying to organize everything.  You are appreciated!!! 

You are quite welcome  @martina_blanco . Glad I can help for your first trip. It'll be amazing.

mjennings
Advocate

Another day, another update. Get yours here - Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Program

Quick Tip: If you bookmark the link to the Google Drive file you will always have the latest version, as I am updating it there. If you print it, sorry I am not the magician of the circus, more like the guy sticking my head in the lion's mouth.

Hey  @mjennings  , don't knock it. It's an honest living that includes well conditioned hair as a bennie! I heard that Heidi Klum includes lion slobber in most of her cosmetic products.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mjennings , I was just looking through stuff from last year and I found an InstructureCon Schedule that's two pages and includes a table with the date and time break down for all the sessions/events (similar to this - Breakfast, Keynote - Sheena Lyengar, Breakout Session 1, Breakout Session 2, Lunch, Keynote - Mitch Benson, *Special Session*, Breakout Session 3, etc...), then the location for the event (other than the Breakout Sessions). This was on one page and the second page was the Keystone map. Do you know if you did this? And if so, any chance for a repeat? I loved this and used it as my "at a glance" what's going on and what's next. 

Thanks! Kona

mjennings
Advocate

@kona , that is the second link in the main body of this post.  I just updated it with the location for Game Night. Still waiting to hear where Hack Night will be, but I will update if it is announce before my flight on the 22nd.

Here it is in case you missed it.

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedule 

I just updated the schedule again. I hadn't thought to see if the location for Hack Night was in the InstCon App, but it was there. That means the schedule should be pretty up- to-date and finalized as long as nothing big changes. I used this to write in where I was going each day to help me make it to where I wanted to go.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Whoops! Sorry, I totally didn't realize they were two different links. I thought it was just showing an update.

But yay! This was crazy helpful last year and I'm sure it will be for this year as well! Thank you SOOOOOO much for doing all of this! You really are amazing!

Kona

281607_You'Re Welcome GIF-source.gif

James
Community Champion

@mjennings ,

I have mostly missed out on the whole Instcon 2018 portion of the Community, but now that we're leaving in a few days, it was time to get serious. I was getting ready to write a program that would put this all together because I couldn't find yours. Luckily, I found it after I had saved the pages but before I started writing code to parse it.

I know I said this last year, but thank you, thank you.

Well @James , with as many times as you have helped me, it is nice to know that I can repay in my own small way. Just for planning purposes am planning on reviewing the content at least on Monday & Friday of the upcoming week. So there may be an update or two if anything has changed. 

Looking forward to catching up in Keystone!

James
Community Champion

Thanks. I'll wait until after Monday to print. We're taking off Thursday, so revisions to my printout after that will have to be done with pen.

mjennings
Advocate

I have updated the map in the Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedulewith the location for the Main Tent. Found it tucked away inside the InstCon 18 App (iOS) 

mjennings
Advocate

Another round of updates. I will probably do one more pass over on Friday for the last update.

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Program - Updated on 7/16/18  w/ session changes.

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Schedule - Updated w/ Main Tent Location & updated Hack Night location on 7/16/18

mjennings
Advocate

Friday is booking up so here is the last update before I leave. Can't wait to see everyone!!

Unofficial InstructureCarn 2018 Program - Updated on 7/19/18  w/ session changes.

SHEBENE
Community Champion

Love the links as a scribbler / highlighter of agendas it's much much appreciated! Really needed to go from digital to analog and back to digital for me. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Glad I could be helpful SHEBENE!

0 Kudos
dgrobani
Community Member

Matthew, many thanks for this!

It appears that a couple Tuesday times on the schedule are off. Both the official schedule page and the Android app say that the opening keynote is at 5:00, not 6:00, and that the Parade is 6:00-9:00, not 7:00-9:00.