cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lamplighter

Energize Your Class With Student-Centered Course Design

kona@richland.edu

Want to create the greatest student-centered course on earth? Come experience how to energize a course through increased teacher presence, better utilization of Canvas features, and creative uses of the different assignment types. Leave with the information needed to make students feel more connected and motivated to succeed.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Kona,

What a great tutorial for Canvas best use/practices, and using mastery paths to personalize learning. I recognize a good number of your practices in what I did for my high school sophomores, juniors and seniors. A true star, you are! Thank you.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks ronmarx@mac.com! The kind words are much appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Member

Just now catching up with some of the videos from Instructurecon.  Fantastic presentation, Kona.  (No surprise there.)  So nice to see a presentation of yours while wearing your "teaching hat." This should be required viewing for anyone teaching an online class while using Canvas.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Surveyor

kblack@dom.edu, wow, thank you! I consider that high praise coming from you and it is much appreciated! 🙂

Kona

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much for making the presentation available here! You are a very positive role model for educators.

I teach Economics (also not a usual favorite) and I would love to emulate your passion for your class, your students, and your teaching. The tips and demonstrations were very valuable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much, kona@richland.edu‌.  This is an older video that remains relevant.  I appreciate your service ethic toward students and the consideration of their experience in your course.  Your feedback received (as you said) is what gives a teacher endurance and meaning.

Highlighted
Surveyor

nsweeten@bruinmail.slcc.edu, thank you! I appreciate your kind words!!

Kona