cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

The Learnin' Safari eduSurf Guide

309818_Divider5.png

Dudes, dudettes and all those that are a bit retro while in the EdTech world...,

I would like to present the 2019 Unofficial InstructureCon EduSurf Schedule! I have been working hard to bring together the best low tech resource for InstructureCon. This year I have added a schedule by room to give a slightly different way to interact with the schedule. I know the tides move swift so I will try and keep these up-to-date weekly in case of any changes.

2019 Unofficial InstructureCon eduSurf Session Schedule.pdf - Google Drive (FINAL Update on 7/5/19)

2019 Unofficial InstructureCon Schedule Overview.pdf - Google Drive (Updated on 6/28/19)

2019 Unofficial InstructureCon Schedule by Room.pdf - Google Drive (FINAL Update on 7/5/19)

As an added bonus since we are moving from the mountains to the shore, I have made a “#InstCon2019 - California Bound” playlist in Spotify. If anyone has any other song additions, just add it in the comments below and I will get it added. Also if someone wants to build out this playlist on another platform, I welcome the opportunity to help make this the best InstCon yet!

310138_Playlist-Cover_spotify.jpg

#InstCon2019 - California Bound on Spotify 

For any InstCon newbies feel free to reach out to the S.I.C.K.* community members lurking around here, they are always ready to help.

*Spectacularly Intelligent Canvas Kook

309819_Blog Postcard - Blog Icon 1.png

InstructureCon 2019

Read More Reflection Blogs

20 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mjennings@uab.edu Nice Work!

THANK YOU for taking the time to create such amazing resources for the Community. I appreciate the different variations you've made available, as everyone may need a slightly different "paper version" of the schedule. (For those mobile app enthusiasts, don't worry. There'll be an InstCon app in time!) I know I'll definitely make a paper overview of my session choices, just in case

Thank you also for your willingness to keep up with the schedule changes. You're amazing.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you! It will be great to have the app but any place where sessions are listed is a good thing. 

And I really appreciate the diverse set of songs you have on that Spotify playlist. It's not surprising why Instructure picked a surfing theme for their first convention in California, but surfing was not the first thing that came to mind when I read that InstructureCon was coming to the LBC. I would add the following to broaden the representation of mutiple Californias:

• "Cielito Lindo" by just about anyone - it's a classic of Old California
  • "Nuthin' But a 'G' Thing" by Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg
    "Compton and Long Beach together, now you know you're in trouble"
  • "San Francisco Bay Blues" by Eric Clapton
  • "San Francisco (Open Your Golden Gate)" by Judy Garland
  • "California, Here I Come" by Ray Charles
    Or the original by Al Jolson if inclined
  • "Straight Outta Compton" by N.W.A.
  • "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer
  • "This Is How We Do It" by Montel Jordan
    "The party's here on the west side"
  • "We're All in the Same Gang" by West Coast Rap All-Stars
Highlighted

Thanks for the song additions. I have add them all except "We're All in the Same Gang" by West Coast Rap All-Stars. I could not find a "clean" version on Spotify and I am trying to keep the list to just non-Explict songs.

Highlighted

Thank you! It's too bad that not all songs have versions that are safe for work. Since getting a job and becoming a parent the, uh, "maturity level" of the songs on my playlist are not the same as they were when I was a childless grad student. And I'm a mandatory reporter, so I would have a challenge trying to fit some tunes in my lecture on the history of California in the public imagination. :smileylaugh:

Highlighted
Learner II

You sir, mjennings@uab.edu‌, are the absolute best. Thank you for your hard work on this!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This came through my Twitter stream today and I thought of you and this task you take on every year...

Glide – Amazing apps from Google Sheets 

Highlighted

carroll-ccsd - That is super cool! However the point of my OCD quest for printable guides is the printable part. They are just how this digital immigrant has to organize things so that I can be prepared. Also I print off the session schedules to pass out to some of my co-workers. I have them select sessions that they would like me to bring back information from, then I compile the most selected and prioritize which session to attend. I also would not want to step on the official app that I know will be coming soon.

The service, though, looks really amazing and I may be able to use it for some other projects. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This morning at the gym a song came up on my playlist that I feel bad for not thinking of earlier: “Route 66.” My favorite is the cover by Depeche Modde, which they mixed with their song “Behind the Wheel.”

“There are times when I feel,

I’d rather not be,

The one behind the wheel.”

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have added both the Chuck Berry version as well as the Depeche Modde one. Thanks!!

Labels