Designer permissions for New Quizzes to create, edit and delete

Jump to solution
Leslie-Dugger
Community Explorer

Updated May 30, 2024: Idea submitted here as suggested for solution: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/Designer-permissions-to-create-edit-and-delete-New-Q...

If this interests you, please go comment on the Idea above so that it gets considered by Canvas and maybe eventually gets added to the Roadmap. 

What is the timeline for Designers to be able to create, and edit New Quizzes? 

In the Designer role it currently says  a things that contradict each other

"In Canvas, the Designer role is used to enroll users responsible for course creation and management."

But A Designer cannot:

• Build New Quizzes

Designers are typically the ones who are creating quizzes to support instructors and this function should be available for New Quizzes as well. Not just Classic Quizzes. It is interesting that while the designer cannot create a New Quiz they can make the rubric for New Quizzes. 

It's a serious oversight that this functionality was not carried over from Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes. A designer cannot effectively manage a course if they do not have access to creation and access to all quiz types. Please adjust this permission, thanks! 

1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @Leslie-Dugger 

I know that's frustrating for designers to not be able to build New Quizzes. I suppose it's something in the way the LTI is integrated/designed. I did find this for feature comparisons and role support. It doesn't look like it's on the road map so I would definitely recommend posting it as a suggestion so Instructure can see the community need for supporting that role in building New Quizzes.

View solution in original post