CarolinaZuppard
Community Member

How to import a course package with New Quizzes? Links show up as invalid

I exported a course package of a course that has New Quizzes and I'm trying to import it into a separate Canvas instance, but the New quizzes are not linked. They appear in the modules and assignments tab, but when clicking on any, it goes to the homepage with the message "Couldn't find valid settings for this link". Any way to solve this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @CarolinaZuppard 

Did both instances of Canvas have New Quizzes enabled? If your new course didn't have it enabled within course settings, this would cause issues. That sounds like the issue. To check this go to course settings - feature options - and ensure New Quizzes is enabled. If it is on and you are still seeing the errors, it may be how you exported and imported the content. Your import process should have followed these steps exactly as there are quite a few options when it comes to importing content: 

How do I import a Canvas course export package? - Instructure Community

If you've done all of that and you still have the issue, you'll want to speak with Canvas Support.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community  

0 Kudos