New Quizzes Moving Between Counties

LauraBryson
Community Member

I am a teacher who has moved between counties within the same state.  Unfortunately, the New Quizzes are specifically connected to what they call an "external tool" that is housed within the county's Canvas.  (You can see the extension when you look under "external tool.")  The problem is that all of New Quizzes are housed in Canvas and should read between counties, but they do not.  I still have 6 New Quizzes that will not work in my new county because it thinks it is county-specific, though it is all housed in Canvas itself.  I have called customer support, and they told me they cannot currently resolve it--that the original course would have to be reinstated in my previous county by previous administrators, which is impossible because I am no longer in the system.  Additionally, as it has been more than 180 days, they cannot reinstate the course anyway as it is not saved.  I think all assignments created in Canvas by a teacher should be flexible to be moved between Canvas courses and in and out of the county, and this seems like an oversight and a frustration that could be controlled if the "external tool" (which is still Canvas) could be adjusted to "talk" within counties. Otherwise, it makes New Quizzes less valuable because you spend so much time creating a test that cannot be duplicated.  In fact, I cannot even access the questions I created to recreate the test; they will not open at all.