New Quizzes has only EXT tool for me to use. It used to contain a great deal of options and none is given. What do I do?

Jump to solution
kayser
Community Explorer

Hi,

When New Quizzes was first open, many new quiz choices were available to build.

Now there is no build site... literally the only tool available to me is EXT Tool for outside user software sites.

NONE of this below is available to me. I am told that only New Quizzes will be available in the FALL 2024. I need help!!

New Quizzes is a quiz engine that integrates with Canvas and replaces the classic quizzes functionality. It offers a variety of features for instructors and students, including:
  • Question types
    New Quizzes offers more question types than Classic Quizzes, including hotspot, categorization, ordering, and stimulus content. Quizzes can include a mix of automatically and manually graded questions.
  • Duplication
    Instructors can duplicate quizzes, questions in quizzes, and questions in item banks.
  • Grading, moderation, and feedback
    Instructors can filter student attempts by status, give students accommodations, and award points for submitted answers when regrading a question.
  • Printing
    Instructors can print quizzes for students to take in person, print a student's quiz with the answers, or print an answer key for themselves.
  • Student features
    Students can pin questions for review, and quizzes can include access codes, time limits, and multiple attempts. Instructors can also restrict student result view so that students don't see how they did immediately. 

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kayser ...

Have you spoken with your school's Canvas administrator(s) to see if they have made New Quizzes available for you and your fellow instructors?  This is where I would start.  I believe that instructors can turn it off completely, turn it on for everyone, or they can even set it so that it's off in every course but instructors would have to turn it on per course,  Your Canvas admin team should be able to tell you what their current plan is for New Quizzes.  Hopefully you'll be able to connect with them soon.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kayser
Community Explorer
Author

Hi Chris, 

I am the Administrator ... that's why I was "anxious" ... but I slowed down and read several news bites and found out what I was missing. Thank you for helping so quickly. I did find the buttons and movement so new, since I am also the curriculum writer, and have a brief summer to play catch up before school starts.

kayser
Community Explorer
Author

I found my answer. I only had to click on the + sign to get the options for quiz creating.

0 Likes