AkosFarago's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Studio Automatically Captions Any Uploaded Media From Today!

While not explicitly outlined in our public roadmap, today we implemented a significant accessibility enhancement for Studio. There are a few nuances that I wanted to touch upon here, so that you u...

03-25-2024

Studio Capture is released: Try Our New Lightweight Screen Recorder!

If this is the first time you hear about this then I suggest you head to my September post on Announcing a New Screen Recorder in Studio for a deeper understanding on why we committed ourselves to ou...

02-07-2024

A New Look for the Studio Quiz Results Page

After the Item Analysis improvements announced last year, the Studio Quiz Results page will adopt the same layout and metrics from Jan 16. Here are the changes applicable for Studio video quizzes: ...

01-09-2024

The Inside Scoop on Major Studio Updates for Q1!

Since the last time Announcing a New Screen Recorder in Studio, we’ve hit significant milestones internally in areas featured on our public roadmap, however, we deliberately kept some details under w...

12-08-2023

Announcing a New Screen Recorder in Studio!

The recent upgrade of our current screen capture solution, Screencast-o-matic, was much more challenging than what we originally prepared for. Supporting a third-party application and making sure tha...

09-04-2023

Comparing SRT and VTT Caption Files - Which One to Use?

Captioning is essential for inclusive video content, not only benefiting viewers with hearing impairments. SRT (SubRip Text) and VTT (Web Video Text to Track) are two common caption file formats and ...

08-10-2023

Admin Data Management for Studio

Theme Overview Data management capabilities for Administrators will enable them to manage their video content across the entire account. What value could this provide to users? Account wi...

06-01-2023

Human Captioning is Coming to Studio! Get Early Access!

You’ve just finished editing your classroom recording in Studio, added it to your Canvas Page and requested captions to make sure it is accessible. Congratulations! The captions are completed in a fe...

05-24-2023

Transcript support for students? Resizing Studio thumbnails in courses? Check out some cool new features!

As it's raining cats and dogs outside, it presents the perfect occasion to look into some new features with Studio!  Building upon the last announcement concerning the new caption editor, we a...

04-27-2023

How to Use the New Caption Editor in Studio? (+Video)

Video cutting in Studio is on fire. We are now over 20,000 cut videos since October which clearly indicates how much needed it was in your everyday Studio usage. As part of our content creation plans...

02-21-2023

Studio’s Screen Recorder Gets 64-bit Version Upgrade

Happy Belated New Year!   Before moving on to the subject in the title, I wanted to thank you for all of your support and feedback in 2022. We finished the year with some Lecture Capture ...

01-18-2023

What are perspectives in Studio? And why do I need to know about them?

I had recently come to an awakening. I’m connecting with you using various media everyday: blogging on the Community, responding to direct questions through customer success, listening to you on feed...

11-18-2022

Learn about how you can extract Media Insights from Studio

...e use the very same API under the hood. Some are publicly accessible, some remain private. When you create a new collection in Studio, it is using the Create a new collection endpoint that you can a...

09-20-2022

5 Practical Things You Can Accomplish With Studio’s New API

...he media has users: list of users whom the media is shared with (either directly or indirectly) and the permission they have to the media   We created a public repository where all these p...

09-12-2022

The new API support for Studio - ready to explore it?

As we are rolling out new features in Studio, we must not forget that growing includes the product to become an integral part of the digital learning ecosystem. We never meant Studio to beco...

06-21-2022

How should we improve the captioning experience in Studio?

TL;DR: If you have 5 minutes, please take a moment to tell us how we should improve the captioning experience in Studio. It is much appreciated! Start the survey!   It is no surpris...

05-03-2022

A Major Step For Better Media Analytics

If you follow the Release Notes or already looked into the insights of one of your media in Studio today, chances are you noticed that something has considerably changed. We made this change in the b...

03-28-2022

Springing into 2022 with Studio

Every time I glanced at my action item list in early December, it seemed like a mess. The holiday-month can be ruthless for a product manager if not planned accordingly and my plans were definitely i...

01-23-2022

Sharing to multiple individuals has just became much easier in Studio

When we made our decision to improve the sharing experience in Studio, one of the most well-known shortcomings was the process of regularly sharing pieces of media with the same people. It was inconv...

11-12-2021

Studio accessibility: Why did we make some changes recently?

Recently we’ve made some changes in Studio, and in numerous cases we referred to accessibility aspects when we were asked about the rationale behind a particular change. We changed stuff that may hav...

08-26-2021