michael_william's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Ability To Retrieve Unknown Course Pacing ID

There really needs to be a method to get the course pacing ID or all default course pacing IDs should be 0. The only time the course pacing ID is shown is during the creation response. After that, yo...

10-27-2023

Course Pace Automatic Cascading Due Dates

Automatic cascading due dates would have the ability to take the start date, end date, and the number of assignments and calculate the due dates for each assignment evenly paced between the dates (op...

10-25-2023

Create a Course pace using API

When I go to create a course pace with the Canvas live api or using my own post request, I get the following error which I am unable to view or resolve. Live API { "errors": [ { "message": "cours...

10-25-2023

[SIS] Filter Out Inactive Course Categories

Problem statement: With the OneRoster integration, all grading categories are displayed when using the Sync SIS Categories feature located in Assignments. This occurs whether or not the grading cate...

08-17-2023

[Account Settings] Allow separate account settings for students and faculty

Problem statement: When attempting to modify options in account settings, many options don't differentiate between different types of users. Right now, many options only allow you to enable it for a...

07-18-2023

[Courses] Remove Staff from courses from the account course list view

It is a very straightforward process to add a user to a course in the course list view. An authorized user (Admin) can click on the plus button enter the user's email address, login id, or sis id and...

03-09-2022

[Enrollments] Add a Substitute Portal Feature

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS It would be great if Canvas had a substitute portal similar to what PowerSchool provides for substitutes (link). The portal woul...

03-09-2022

[SIS] Function to Enable Sync to PowerSchool for all Assignments

Currently, there is a function to disable sync to PowerSchool in the 3 dot menu next to the blue +Assignment button on the Assignments page.   This function disables all assignments from syn...

02-08-2022

[Gradebook] Remove the grade sync error for scores that have being removed

This year we have been experiencing an error message for many instructors that may have mistakenly given the wrong student a grade and then remove it. When the instructors go to sync, they get a vagu...

01-03-2022

[Gradebook Settings] Weighted Grading Periods Totals

Currently, when weighting grading periods, we are only able to use the All Grading Periods label to view our weighted grading periods totals. Since our SIS, PowerSchool, creates S1 & S2 grading p...

12-14-2021

Unique External Links Per Section

With most schools around the world being pushed towards distance learning, teachers need a way to hold class meeting online. Using video meetings have become the norm and being able to schedule meeti...

08-11-2020