How do I add an announcement in the Teacher app on my Android device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jul 25, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Nov 15, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can create announcements in the Teacher app to notify students about events without having to be logged into the browser version of Canvas.

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Open Course

Open Course

In the Courses tab, tap the name of the course you'd like to view.

Open Announcements

Open Announcements

Tap the Announcements link.

Add Announcement

Add Announcement

Tap the Add icon.

Add Announcement

In the Title field [1], add a title for your announcement.

In the Description field [2], add a description for the announcement. You can use the Rich Content Editor menu to format your description [3]. If necessary, you can view all formatting options by swiping the formatting menu left and right. The Rich Content Editor supports undo, redo, bold, italics, underline, text color, bullet list, numbered list, hyperlink, and images.

To add an image attachment to your announcement, tap the attachment icon [4].

Note: Images can only be added by referencing the URL to the image; the Teacher app does not currently host any media uploaded from your mobile device.

Set Options

Set Options

If you want to delay your post until a later time, tap the Delay Posting button [1]. When enabled, select the date and time for your post [2].

If you want to require users to have to post to the announcement before seeing replies from others, tap the Users must post before seeing replies button [3].

Save Announcement

Save Announcement

Tap the Save link.

You are here
Table of Contents > Courses > How do I add an announcement in the Teacher app on my Android device?

Attachments

Outcomes