Awareness Resources

Jump to solution
judyk
Community Contributor

One of the things that we really try to accomplish is an awareness of the need to have accessible content within all of your courses. I work with dreesd​ at SCF in Florida and we run a faculty eCertification course. During week 3 we discuss Accessibility, one of the common themes from faculty that we hear is just a misunderstanding of what Accessibility and 508 compliance actually is. Just recently we found a great youtube video that we have started sharing with our faculty. Here is the video if anyone else wants to take a look and either use it, share it or create something of your own just to boost awareness. Section 508 Compliance for Digital Content - YouTube

1 Solution
stephanie_pope
Community Champion

Hey  @judyk ​,

Thanks for starting the conversation. This video is a great representation of what we should strive for. I've being gathering information regarding accessibility. Here are some of my links. This would be a great landing space for everyone to share their resources. Again- great video!

WebAIM- provides helpful suggestions and can certify courses

UDOIT- InstructureCon presentation

Accessibility- A list of resources

WACG- the "gold" standard for accessibility (from Aaron Cannon)

Aaron Cannon's Presentation Doc (I couldn't find the Youtube recording- if anyone finds it please post a link)

Hope this helps. I would enjoy hearing about how others are moving to be more accessible in Canvas i.e. strategic planning, etc.

Stephanie

View solution in original post