New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
megankoontz
Community Participant

This is vital in my ability as a teacher to use the feature.  I'm going to have to go back to the old quiz where I get a notification of student submissions.

lturner1
Community Novice

Yes, I have students every day asking "did you grade my quiz?"  No, I am sorry...I didn't know you had taken it (because I don't get any kind of notification.  This is essential to my ability to give effective and timely feedback.

jocelyn_white
Community Explorer

Yes, please add this feature as soon as possible.  It is very frustrating not to receive a notification that student work needs grading.   

jennifer_hibber
Community Participant

This feature needs to be added ASAP! It must be an oversight that it was not!

cheri_palmer
Community Member

Please fix this feature now.  I graded all year by the guess and check method.  I had to keep going over and over students results to see if anything had been submitted for short answer, dropbox or anything manually graded.  I never knew what was submitted without having to open up each student's assignment to check, always afraid I'd miss someone!  Tests with multiple choice and short answer were a nightmare!  The multiple choice would auto grade, but I wouldn't know if the short answer had been graded.  Again, having to go over and over my roster many times.  I finally had to create a spreadsheet to see who I'd already graded.  This is a huge time waster!!! Please get this fixed.  It would be a shame to have to change all of my tests to multiple choice just to avoid the grading nightmare.  Not exactly challenging that way!  Please help!!!! My school has been asking for this all year!

timothy_maw
Community Champion

Why would this not automatically be part of New Quizzes? I can see quizzes not getting graded for some time because instructors are unaware they have been submitted unless we add this. 

tkaser4
Community Member

Agreed!

tkaser4
Community Member

Exactly! I allow students to retake quizzes. I have realized that for the initial quiz, I have to jump through hoops to go in and grade the essay questions. However, there is NOTHING that lets me know when I need to go in for redone quizzes! It is extremely frustrating!

cody_denton
Community Novice

Yes! As I was finishing up grading this last semester, I would go through my speed grader and then still have to go through and manually check several assignments that were done through New Quizzes. If these could show up in TO DO, it would save a lot of time!

douglas_rolley
Community Explorer

I agree. Please fix this ASAP!