[New Quizzes] Download Quiz Statistics

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS

quizzes.next‌

Currently, there is no way to download or even print the entire Item analysis report from the new quiz feature in Canvas. This is a really useful feature that the original quizzes held. Please add this feature to the new Quizzes feature.

Added to Theme

126 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jlbryan ‌, it is currently possible to view, but not download, the Item Analysis in Quizzes.Next, as described in How do I view reports for an assessment in Quizzes.Next? The ability to download the Student Analysis CSV is one of the items that will be developed to reach parity, as listed in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12115-quizzes-lti-feature-comparison 

barish_golland
Community Novice

We really need this as well at University of British Columbia. Instructors want the ability to see an excel list of all answered questions entered for the quiz. It's yet another reason why we can't fully endorse QuizzesNext until it reaches feature parity with the original tool. And the fact that QuizzesNext doesn't have an API is unfortunate since that could at least afford the ability to extract results from the back end. 

govreacladmin
Community Participant

I would take even a PDF version if I could just get something out of Canvas related to data.

p_bier
Community Novice

As well as the item analysis, it would be very helpful to download the student analysis as was possible in the old version.  Also it would be extremely useful if the student analysis included the time the quiz was started and the time it took for them to complete it.  The completion time is very important for spotting academic misconduct (some students complete quizzes suspiciously quickly).  The start time is very handy for sorting students by the order they did the quiz in (which is helpful if you had to edit the quiz because of a typo and want to manually fix up the marks for anyone who did the quiz before an edit).  I deal with classes of 1000 students and the above features would make quizzes.next much more usable for me.

timothy_maw
Community Champion

Another feature from legacy quizzes missing in Quizzes.nxt. I am surprised that so much has to be rebuilt in to Quizzes.nxt that once existed. We need this feature as well as it is extremely useful. I know we are promised that everything that currently exists in legacy quizzes will be added to quizzes.nxt but the long wait of getting quizzes.next up to par is frustrating. I am glad this is on the road map though.

l_f_bakker
Community Novice

Use case: we use surveys to gather photo consent and dietary preferences. We export these for import into our Student Information System.

ecass
Community Explorer

I would really like to see the time it took to complete listed in the downloadable file.  

rodrigej
Community Member

This is a major hindrance to using this product.  Had I known before hand, I would not have used it.  I agree with someone else's comment, even a PDF of the data would be great. Getting access to the full range of data is crucial, especially in the course that I teach that is about testing!

anne_lightbody
Community Explorer

I also would like to see the time to complete (and/or the start time, to complement the submission time) added to the Student Analysis CSV file. As others have said, this information is helpful in identifying academic misconduct, etc. The Speed Grader provides the time to complete for each attempt, but it is time-consuming to flip through the Speed Grader and manually add this information to the downloaded CSV file. Please add it to the CSV.. 

cxy11
Community Novice

Yes.  This is definitely needed.  With several hundred students in class I need to be able to sort the data automatically.