The ability to edit Global Announcements

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote May 5 - August 5 Learn more about voting...

It would be nice to also be able to edit a Global Announcement.  Currently If you mess up, you have to recreate the announcement instead of just going in and editing the misspelled word.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-04-02)

71 Comments
bgibson
Community Champion

I just noticed the "Global Announcement Edits" feature in beta.  Like the edit.  Would a "duplicate" announcement function also be desired? 

rshirley_teache
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

A "duplicate" announcement function might be nice, but I would much much rather see the HTML view in the RCE so that I could easily embed google slides, MO ppt, etc. With the RCE and HTML view I can always just copy and paste a duplicate message with ease...and so much more.

cms_hickss
Community Coach
Community Coach

I believe that "duplicate" was one of the items on the "announcement" upgrades roadmap. Edit was just the first item that needed to be completed.

cms_hickss
Community Coach
Community Coach

You should be able to copy the content of the announcement now. At least I'm able to grab the content of a posted announcement from the announcement area and copy and paste it into a new announcement. It holds most of the settings.

Out of curiosity, what type of PPTs are you putting in a global announcement?

bgibson
Community Champion

When I saw that you couldn't edit the Start date from this Edit function, I thought being able to duplicate it and just change the Start date in the duplicate would be easier.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @mickey_richards  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @Chris_Hofer ​,  @marthazumack ​, snugent​,  @kona ​,  @dwillmore ​,  @buellj ​,  @arovner ​, cindy.overton​, stefaniesanders​,  @tim_hass ​, 875017697​, jjjohnson01​,  @Sylvia_Ami ​,  @josh_emmitt ​, zowada-a​,  @ejackson ​,  @kmeeusen ​, &  @bgibson   for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New