Canvas Ideas

Ideas are submissions from Community users. Instructure reviews these ideas weekly. Relevant ideas are mapped to themes. Community users vote on themes biannually to help prioritize themes.

To participate in Ideas and Themes, please sign in to the Community.

Note: You must be logged in and have at least the Community Member rank to submit a new idea. Any Community user can comment and vote on active Themes. Learn more about how to rank up in the Community.

Filter Idea Conversations:

34 Ideas in: Added To Theme

Problem statement: In current Canvas Studio, it only supports LTI 1.0 and not LTI 1.3. This blocks us to integrate Studio with our third party application like LOREE (Mastedly) from Crystal Delta solu...

Community Explorer Canvas Ideas
  • 1 Reply

Problem statement: One of the coolest recent features I feel that Studio has adopted to enhance its learning value is for the instructor to add annotations to the timeline. These can be used to hyperl...

Community Participant Canvas Ideas
  • 6 Replies

When accessing Canvas Studio from within Canvas, the landing page only displays videos and collections that I have created myself.  Those that were shared with me from others are not visible.  The end...

• 3 Replies

We are a K-12 District.  Sometimes it is necessary to see what is going on. Right now, in order to see a student's Studio library, one would have to masquerade as the student (which gives you editing ...

Community Champion Canvas Ideas
  • 3 Replies

We are new to Studio and I am discovering things that are problematic. One is that Studio Admin is an all or nothing role.   We need that each school ITC can be a Studio Admin for their school sub acc...

• 5 Replies

Right now the Settings for Studio are for all Teachers and all Students, globally. We need to be able to select different settings for High School students (less restrictive) than for Middle and Eleme...

• 3 Replies

At the end of the school year, many videos in studio need to be deleted and a bulk delete function would be so much better than having to click each one three times to delete.  I could also put videos...

• 6 Replies

Videos downloaded, not created, on Studio need to have some sort of editing feature available to add lines, blurring, etc. to the video.  This is useful not only as an editing tool to go back and fix ...

Community Member Canvas Ideas
  • 5 Replies

Groups in Canvas Studio were recently made available. I know it is possible to manually create groups, but is it possible to automate the creation of groups? E.g. I have 30 departments I want to creat...

• 4 Replies

I like to give students a studio video as feedback in Quizzes. It works great in Classic quizzes, but apparently the studio quiz isn't compatible with the feedback box in New Quizzes. I've been workin...

• 4 Replies

Hello everyone! At our institution we use Studio to create educational videos we find that when we generate a public link to share a video we cannot know the viewing statistics as we did on youtube. I...

• 3 Replies

Hello, We are attempting to encourage users to make use of Canvas Studio and discourage use of the native media tool in an attempt to better comply with captioning needs. It is helpful that we can hid...

• 2 Replies

This Feature Idea is similar to the one submitted by @MalenaM called Canvas Studio Playlist - Instructure Community. Now that Vimeo has been added as another video option for Canvas Studio [Studio Rel...

Community Coach Canvas Ideas
  • 3 Replies

I would like to be able to move multiple videos at time from my global studio into a collection.    Use Case: We have an American Sign Language course with TONS of videos. We migrated to Canvas in 201...

• 8 Replies

It would be useful to be able to add Canvas Studio videos to Canvas Pages as links instead of embedded thumbnails, but still have the ability to view analytics for the video.  We would like to have ma...

• 3 Replies

The Canvas Training Portal advertises that there should be a Canvas Studio button on the RCE toolbar, with the standard Canvas Studio icon, but the button is not present on the new RCE toolbar.  Inste...

• 7 Replies

We are trying to completely eliminate the need for EdPuzzle and just use Studio. Our math teachers are the ones who currently use Edpuzzle on a daily basis, but unfortunately Studio is the least frien...

• 7 Replies

If I am working in a page or an assignment and need to deal with an embedded video in Studio, it can be a pain to navigate there.  It would be lovely to be able to somehow click on a video and go dire...

• 5 Replies

If I am working in a page, assignment, etc. where there are Studio videos, and I want to do something with the videos in the pages, it can be difficult because I can't see the title of the video.  So,...

• 4 Replies

I would love it to be easier to view the insights for Studio videos.  If comments are enabled or there is a quiz embedded in the video, insights appear to the instructor directly under the video where...

• 4 Replies