3D File Formats?

Jump to solution
JerryLAERE
Community Member

Is the R&D team at Canvas considering the support of 3D model file types? If so, which ones, if not, what might be the reason(s).

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @JerryLAERE ...

I am not sure if they are working on this or not, but I did search the existing Feature Ideas here in the Community, and I came across this one:

Lets get built in 3D Model viewing

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you might want to add your comments to it and give it a star rating if it meets your needs.

Also, I'm not sure if you follow the Instructure Roadmap, but you might want to check out this page so you can see what is coming soon and in the distant future:

Canvas Product Roadmap - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Finally, I see that you are a New Member here in the Community. You won't be able to yet submit Feature Ideas yourself until you "rank up" more (similar to "leveling up" in a video game)...but it's quite easy to "rank up". Here are some Guides I usually give to folks who are new the Community:

Hopefully these links will be of some help to you. Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!!!

View solution in original post