A/V Discussion Post on a Mac

Jump to solution
LacyJohnson
Community Novice

I am trying to record an A/V post in a discussion; however, when I click "record" and the 3-second countdown begins before recording, the window closes automatically when it reaches "0". I'm not sure if this is a setting I can adjust or if it's because I am using a MacBook? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @LacyJohnson 

That sounds very odd. it sounds like it could be something related to the browser you are using, or possibly a system preference on the Mac.

A couple things you could check quickly are: 

1. Does it do this while using an Incognito Private Browser window? 
  2. Are you using Safari when this happens? I was able to see that THIS canvas guide lists that: The Safari browser does not support recording media. Please use Chrome or Firefox to record media from the Rich Content Editor. The work around for that is to use a different Supported browser. 
  3. It could be something such as a system preference on the Mac you are using. Best place to start is in the security and privacy settings and make sure that your webcam is allowed for the browser you are using. 
  4. It could also be a blocked cookie or extension. You would want to either try and check for blocked cookies, clear cache, and even try to disable any extensions that might be running in the background when this happens. 

Hopefully this helps a bit! 

-Colton

View solution in original post