After crosslisting, class content wiped

Jump to solution
natyjay
Community Explorer

When one of our teachers attempted to crosslist a class (B) with the parent class A, everything in B disappeared: teachers, students, etc. There is also no longer a button to crosslist or un-crosslist, the button to add People (students) is greyed out, and the class shows up under past enrollment even though the term reads Q4. I'm wondering if this could be a class uploading issue from Infinite Campus, and if the class could be created again. But this is a very weird issue we haven't seen before. B is not showing up on the A's list of sections, but two other classes are.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @natyjay ...

@nathanboettcher and @Ron_Bowman have great replies here!  As a former Canvas administrator in higher ed, I cross-listed courses from time to time as well.  I can also tell you that when you cross-list two or more courses, it does not move content...it only moves enrollments.  If I had two courses, A and B (similar to what you described), I could still search for course B in our entire list of courses, and when I went to the "Settings" >> "Section" tab of that course, I wouldn't see any sections listed.  This was an indicator to me that course B was most-likely cross-listed with another course...in this case, course A.

Hopefully this little bit of information will also be helpful to you.  Good luck!

View solution in original post