Allow different time limit to schedule a quiz

Jump to solution
DariushKhezrimo
Community Explorer

Currently, Canvas allows to assign two different time periods to schedule a quiz for two different students. However, it does not allow to assign two time limits for two different students. In such a case, we need to create two separate quizzes with two different time limits. This is a very inconvenience situation and also makes very difficult to track the grades. Assume that we have students in one class that need 50% or 100% extra time as their accommodation. For each quiz, three quizzes should be created, and in the grade area, three columns show one quiz. 
Also, Canvas allows to assign different points for different questions in one quiz, but it does not allow time limit for each question. So, if we would like to have 10 questions that each question needs different time limit, we need to create 10 separate quizzes. I am sorry, but this shows Canvas as a disable software.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @DariushKhezrimo 

Using the Moderate Quiz feature, you can easily set different time limits for every student in your class if so desired. See the following guides depending on which quiz engine you are using..........

Enjoy,

Kelley

View solution in original post

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I only use Classic Quizzes, and I frequently. have students who require double time. It's important to remember to do two things.

1. Go into Moderation, and give that student extra time.

2. Extend the time period for the quiz to cover the added time.

For example, let's say that the class has 30 minutes starting at 9:00 and ending at 9:30. I would need to give the student with accommodations 1 hour and schedule his/ her quiz to start at 9:00 and end at 10:00.

View solution in original post