Any way to record where students click on an image?

Jump to solution
dbillingsley
Community Explorer

I was hoping the hot spot quiz question would allow this, but apparently not.  I'd like to recreate an activity that I usually do on paper, having students mark a map of the world in response to questions.  The answers are open-ended: anywhere is 'correct,' as it depends on their own thoughts, but I'd like to be able to see where they mark.

Is there any question type in Canvas that would allow this capability?  Do hot spots record where students click? If I set some random area as the 'correct' location and give the question a 0 point value, would that let me accomplish my goal?  Or would it only record that they got it incorrect, not showing me where they clicked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @dbillingsley,

I think you might be able to do this with an annotation type of assignment (option 4 in the How do I create an online assignment? - Instructure Community - 950  guide).  You could upload a PDF map, then students could use the point annotation tool (marked as #5 in the  How do I annotate a file as an assignment submissi... - Instructure Community - 463702  guide) to mark an exact spot on your map.  You should then be able to see where they pointed to in SpeedGrader.

Hope this idea helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post