App Not Displaying Embedded Panopto Videos

IrwinKramer
Community Novice

My school uses Canvas and Panopto. The latter of which allows us to record our classes. Once posted, the class video may be accessed by students who click the Panopto link. That part works fine, both on the app and on the desktop.

However, what I like to do is to embed the videos into the page corresponding with the individual class, thereby enabling a student to see all materials, including slides and the class video, on a single page. In that environment, the embedding doesn't work too well.

When I initially tried to access the videos embedded on such pages, I got a black box asking me to "Click to sign in and play video." I have attached a screenshot that I got on the desktop. For whatever reason, it seems to be working fine on the desktop, but I am still getting the same result when trying to access the video on the app. Even worse, when one clicks to sign in and play video, the app goes blank and loses functionality.

I want to correct the problem by eliminating this altogether so that my students can just play the embedded video by hitting play. Simple as that.

Labels (2)
0 Likes