cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lee_barnett
Community Member

Associating questions with a stimulus in item banks in new quizzes

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if it's possible to permanently link specific questions to a stimulus within an item bank. I know this hasn't always been possible, but the highlighted portion in the screenshot below gave me some hope.

AttachQuestionsToStimulusInItemBank.PNG

Here's the scenario I'm imagining:

I'll have a single item bank with 5 stimuli, and each stimulus will have 3 questions that are associated with it. I'll then randomly assign each student one of the five stimuli, and the three questions that are associated with the assigned stimulus will be automatically added to the student's assessment.

If this is possible, how do I set it up? If this still isn't possible, then what does the highlighted portion in the above screenshot actually mean?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
snugent
Community Champion

When you create a stimulus question in a quiz, you can associate a new question or add questions from existing item bank. When you add questions from an item bank, you can randomize the questions. The key here is to make sure your questions are organized in item banks in the way you want use them in a quiz. If the stimulus question is added to an item bank, it will state the number of questions associated with that stimulus question. That is what you are seeing in the highlighted portion. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
snugent
Community Champion

When you create a stimulus question in a quiz, you can associate a new question or add questions from existing item bank. When you add questions from an item bank, you can randomize the questions. The key here is to make sure your questions are organized in item banks in the way you want use them in a quiz. If the stimulus question is added to an item bank, it will state the number of questions associated with that stimulus question. That is what you are seeing in the highlighted portion. 

View solution in original post

pdaves
Community Participant

I don't think you answered the question. As I read the answer, you've described how to randomly assign questions from a bank to a specific stimulus. You haven't described how to randomly assign different stimului to different students and have the appropriate questions follow the stimulus. What I and others want to do is this:

Create Stimulus A, Stimulus B, Stimulus C

Attach questions A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 to stimulus A

Attach questions B1 B2 B3  B4 B5 to stimulus B

Attach questions C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 to stimulus C

Be able to randomly assign Stimulus A, B, or C and their associated questions to students in the class.

snugent
Community Champion

I see what you are requesting now. As I understand how new quizzes works, I don't think you can randomly assign a stimulus question to students from within new quizzes.