Bulk Sandbox course for new teachers

Jump to solution
tspeight
Community Member

How do I create Sandboxes for new teachers to our district that will automatically add the Sandbox to their Canvas account? Last year I created the bulk course but had to manually add our new teachers to their Sandbox. See the attached for the CSV. I used (there were more than 6 😁).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tspeight Thanks for sharing the CSV format you used to create sandbox courses in the past via the SIS Import feature. The SIS Import Documentation shows the types of entities you can create/update/delete and the fields needed for the CSV files. If you also make an enrollments CSV file, then you won't need to add teachers manually. You would need to add unique course_id values to your Courses CSV file in order to create enrollments via SIS Import. Including the SIS User ID, Login ID, or Integration ID for the teachers in unique sandbox course IDs (e.g. sb_sisuserid) is a straightforward approach. You will need the SIS User ID or the Integration ID for each teacher for your Enrollments CSV file.

Another approach would be creating enrollments via the Enrollments API. But if you aren't already using the API, it will be simpler to stick with SIS Imports.

View solution in original post