Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why do parents only see 2 missing assignments when on my end there are many more showing missing? This has happened with 2 different parents. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

whenever i tyr to submit a pdf file as instructed i get a prompt showing incorrect file. please i need help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm enrolled in the Amazon Technical Academy prep course and we have to use the Vocareum IDE to do our assignments.My code fragment for an assignment (which must be submitted in 3 steps by updating a method in each step) is at step 1. It requires an ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student. After I get to the Exam agreement page, the loading page says “waiting for canvas” and does not load the exam. I have:-reset Chrome settings-enabled cookies, pop-ups, redirects -restarted my computer-used different networks/devices-up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some pages within each module are Locked and some Unlocked. I can't find a way to unlock all the pages. Does anyone know how to unlock everything?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school has been struggling to set up the grade passback feature between Canvas and Power School.  When our tech administrator seeks support by phone, he leaves messages but does not receive a call back.  This is a new issue that has just come up ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to select a class calendar for appointments, however I am still able to select a calendar for events, assignments, etc. I am TA however my canvas role in the class is teacher but maybe I'm not allowed to access this for some reason. Howev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

SpoilerGreetingsI have created a Canvas (Free for Teachers) course and linked the LMS to Pearson / Mylab Brady.  The integration went fine (I have done 2 others).  The Grade Sync works, and all the assignment synced with my Canvas course.  My student...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student had a question today, and I’m not sure how to answer it.  He only uses an iPad for his work.  When I make a page in Canvas and add a to-do, he does not see it in his to-do list, only on the calendar.  When I tried to check on my computer, t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to get a password reset and have not gotten one.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can I verbally speak to someone  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to share a discussion board across multiple courses? So that students in separate courses can see/reply to each other? I cannot cross-list in my school district. My inclusion students are in a separate roster from my gen-ed students, s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student using Canvas and I've noticed many features I really wish would be added, however I don't see a way to submit an idea. At https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas I can see existing ideas, however there is no "s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an annotation assignment where the students are supposed to type their name on a document. We have a list of instructions on how to accomplish this, however when a student clicks on the assignment, the page jumps straight to the annotation po...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to easily and efficiently move multiple students from one section of a class to another? We have a vocational program with continuous enrollment. I have created a section for each learning unit in the course. When a group of students i...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

My power school grades are still showing up as points instead of percentages. I have made sure ALL my canvas assignments are to record percentages...I have gone in and manually edited the power school grades when they didn't convert and it will do it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are all campus emails filtered through Canvas, or will I also need to login to check my email on outlook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

who came up with Canvas and how to use everything on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you know who the group leader when looking at who is in the group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Free for Teachers Platform. The student has had to request a password reset multiple times because she has been unable to access the class after the first login. Subsequent logins are not being recognized. Now even when she follows the reset y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Could someone please share how to make uploads (ie bio and mug shot), on the behalf of a fellow colleague?We will both instruct the course, bur she currently has not access to canvas free for teacher and we need to get ready for our launch next...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Ideas /Topics/ From Discussion/1 "What are the Factors Affecting the african entrepreneurs to meet global market "the idea launched from Quest Fellow"From my perspective there are many  factors affecting African entrepreneurs to join the global mar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I have a teacher who is trying to link to Canvas pages from her Canvas course home page.  The links work when you're in Canvas through a web browser, but on an iPad through the iOS app, clicking on a link just brings up a blank white page.  D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed an issue in the styling of some of the buttons on our canvas community.I believe this is a result of the update to the external link icon. I can't seem to fix it though.I've tried text-decoration: none in the css styling but this didn't sol...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A quiz for a large class was given. Some students did not have access to computer, the reason I turned the quiz into a group (students on same desk) quiz. An ideal group work assignment exists on canvas- I'm aware of that.Now, I graded one submission...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to facilitate exam reviews for students in my class. I'm using Classic Quizzes for my exams. To take the exam, a password and LockDown Browser is required. I realize that there is apparently a glitch and LDB doesn't work with letting stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been unable to locate within Canvas (as an instructor) a way to get a list of assignments that have outcomes attached or a list of which assignments are using a specific outcome.For instance: Which assignments did I use Outcome 2A with?Current...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas, and I am using a template. A button on our template links to the Modules page, and then jumps to that specific module on the page. I can see that the link references the module ID, but I can't determine how to find the ID numbers ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Just accidentally uploaded my Discussion board post as a reply to another student instead of replying to the main thread. I would like to delete this erroneous post to prevent spamming the board but I do not have permissions to do so.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to invite a guest to a conference on the Big Blue button.  How do I give them access to a class so they can observe ? Thanks, H

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies