Can Canvas quizzes mirror College Board's Bluebook capabilities?

Jump to solution
MikeMurray
Community Member

Hello,

I am an AP-Literature teacher. My students will take the AP test digitally this year. College Board's platform for the test is called Bluebook, and for multiple choice questions, students have the ability to make answers they believe are incorrect disappear.  When the tests were given on paper, students could simply draw a line through an answer they believed incorrect, and then they could focus exclusively on the answers that were left.

Do quizzes in Canvas have this capability? If not, could they? It would be a great feature for any teacher, not just AP teachers.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
PaulNagami
Community Contributor

I'm going to take a crack at this one!

My hunch is that this is not a feature Instructure is likely to add soon, though you could put in a feature request. That said, I see a possible workaround on the student end. Some browser extensions allow you to strikethrough any text field on a webpage! As long as you aren't using exam proctor software that blocks extensions (or there isn't some other issue I'm missing), a student could get this functionality by using an extension like that.

Problem: Looking at the Chrome Web Store, many of these extensions will not be supported forever due to privacy issues (concerning!) and the one that is fully updated seems to have lots of premium paid features. But I haven't dug very far.

If the students are taking these quizzes on school computers, it might even be possible to get the extensions pre-installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @MikeMurray,

Just want to add on to @PaulNagami's post quickly...  If you'd like to submit this as an idea to Instructure for future development, you can do so by visiting the Ideas area of the community and using the "submit an idea" button there.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post