Can you change the global course import settings?

Jump to solution
pesmith
Community Member

Hello all,

By default, the "adjust events and due dates" box is not checked when importing content in Canvas at our school. As an admin, is there a way to globally switch this on? It is messing with our integrated analytics. I dug through the settings and this forum and couldn't find anything. I've included a screenshot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @pesmith,

I can tell you that there is no built-in option available to do this.  You *may* be able to code some custom javascript to do that, but depending how that content is generated on the back end, it may get rather complicated.  I've done some javascript modifications to the course settings page, which was pretty simple.  On the other hand, modifying the text shown on the Apps tab of the settings area ended up being way more complex.  You can see some of my scripts on my github page if you'd like to see what may be involved.  One final note if you do go this route is that Canvas updates pretty frequently, and any update can break custom javascript code like this, so you'll need to verify everything still works every now and then and potentially do updates to the javascript as Canvas evolves.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post