Cannot activate Announcements

Jump to solution
JudithLundberg-
Community Member

Hi!

I am trying to activate the Announcements ("Anslag" in my Swedish version) in a course, but despite them being in the list of menu points being visible to students, they show up with the crossed-over eye in the menu on the left. I attach a screenshot. Does anybody know why that is and how I can make sure announcements will be visible?

There are no announcements yet, and there are no discussions yet. However when I moved the discussions menu point to the visible section it appeared without the crossed-over eye. I concluded form that that the absence of any items in this category wasn't the reason why it continued to show up crossed-over. I tried already to move the announcements item into the invisible list and back to visible but that didn't help either.

Looking forward to some help.

Best wishes,

Judith

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Hi Judith,

There is a very simple fix for this. As soon as you send your first Announcement, the crossed-out eyeball will go away! Just send an Announcement. 😀

TO THE CANVAS DEVELOPERS:   The crossed-out eyeball here serves no function whatsoever. Instead, It confuses lots and lots of instructors.  Please get rid of it. (I have given this same explanation at least two dozen times!)

View solution in original post