Canvas Integration Type (aXcelerate)

Jump to solution
louie360
Community Member

Hi! I am using an aXcelerate and wanted to integrate Canvas. Upon integrating, I see this field called "Canvas Integration Type" and the choices are Assignment Group, Course Moudle, and Course. May I know what are these? Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @louie360,

I don't have knowledge of aXcelerate, but I believe I can tell you what they're referring to.  There are many different ways external tools can be integrated into Canvas, and they're giving you a choice of which way you'd prefer.

"Course" likely means you'd get an "aXcelerate" item added to your course menu.  Users would click that and be transferred to aXcelerate.  This option is usually used for tools where content is being delivered, but things like grade sync back to Canvas aren't needed.

"Assignment Group" likely means you'll get a bunch of assignments added to a group in your course and students would access aXcelerate from these assignments.  This would most likely have grade syncing from aXcelerate to Canvas built in.

"Course Module" means you'll get a med module item added to the modules page with a bunch of links to different areas of aXcelerate.  As with the course option, my guess is that this would not include grade sync, unless the module contains assignments (it's almost impossible to know this without just trying it).

You can see these three options all integrate aXcelerate with Canvas, but offer different experiences for you and your students.  You can pick the one that best fits your course style and needs.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes