Canvas LMS

Jump to solution
MollyJanet
Community Novice

Are any elementary teachers out there using Canvas as their LMS? Do you have any suggestions for getting started? We have some teachers who are reluctant with tech and Canvas feels pretty complicated. Any tips would be much appreciated! 192.168.0.1

0 Likes
2 Solutions
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @MollyJanet and welcome to the community!

Thankfully there are many many getting started style resources to choose from.  For elementary teachers specifically.  You might also want to check out the new Canvas Elementary Theme.  You might also want to check out a few of the best practices conversations in the K12 users group.

View solution in original post

JeffCampbell
Community Contributor

I teach middle school, so obviously a bit different in the look and feel of what students see. We added Canvas last year, so I started making videos to help out fellow teachers who were less familiar with the site (I had been using it for years). You can view them HERE. It is by no means complete, but the earlier videos are designed for beginners, introducing the basics of using Canvas in 5 minute increments. Things got busy this spring and I hope to start adding more videos over the summer, including videos for those who have been using it a bit more.

Here is Ashlee Espinosa's Canvas playlist. She has some great content as well. 

View solution in original post