cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherry_kull
Community Member

Changing a link requires extra steps

Prior to the New RCE, to change a link within a page I simply selected the text or image that had a link, then went to the right of the screen and selected the new link I wanted (a page, file, module, etc.). 

Now you have to remove the link first, and then go back and insert a link.  The extra "remove" step is time consuming if you have many links to change. Why can't we simply replace the link with the new one without removing it first?

Thanks,

Sherry K

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @sherry_kull ...

I *think* you may be adding an unnecessary step to your process.  Let's see if we can simplify things for you in the New RCE.  In my own sandbox course, I tested this out, and it works as expected.  I had a page with a link to the Yahoo.com website.  When I edited the page in the New RCE, I left-clicked on the link, and I got a little pop-up menu:

YahooLink.jpg

Instead of clicking on "Remove Link", I can click on "Link Options", and then a slide-out menu appears on the right side of my screen.  It allows me to change the link to whatever I want, and then I click on "Done".

Alternatively, if you don't select "Link Options", you can highlight the entire link and then press Ctrl + K on your keyboard.  This will bring up an "Insert Link" window where you can change the link to whatever you want.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.