Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Anyone know what happened with Test this weekend?  Our Test instance refreshed, but I thought the refresh wasn't supposed to happen until the 29/30th?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anybody else having issues with Canvas dropdowns, due dates missing, and other such oddities in Chrome browser?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to include short video segments in the response feedback within the quiz. For example, a student answers "option b" and it is incorrect. A video is displayed in the response feedback walking them through the correct solution or "missing ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This was submitted as a feature request about a year ago and was archived, but I'd like to present it here:The current audio file thumbnail looks like a generic video:Instead of what happens when you press play:Is there any way to have the above MP3 ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who has integrated with MyMathLab with great outcomes in the syncing of grades. However each time a grade comes over from MyMathLab it also rearranges her gradebook. So each time the grades sync she must go through the process to...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Also, can I keep assignments unpublished but with the proper due dates.  Bottom line,  I was unable to create everything before the course started, so now I am scrambling to create and teach.  Do you have any advice to go about this issue for me in t...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Anybody knows if Canvas can generate reports about instructor's feedback, comments, generic replies, (maybe) emails/Inbox messages, announcement replies, discussion replies, etc. for course review purposes? We would like to be able to see if the inst...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, all.I am needing to test out SCORM for our campuses and see how best we can support our faculty and students. Because I am not a designer, I don't really have access to the "real" authoring software SO, before I go and throw a few things toge...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello All,While inserting a link to a URL on my course Pages, I noticed an extra space is created after the link.  I looked at the code and can't see an extra space inserted.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?  Thank you,Heather

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor inquiring about student's ability to see their rank in class. I can't think of way to do this in Canvas. Any suggestions are welcomed.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Learned something new today. Before today I thought the only way of assigning a separate date/time for a student to take a quiz was to create a Canvas section with one or more students in the section then assign the unique time/date to that section. ...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,does anyone here know the answer to this question?:How do you set grading scales so that while individual assignments are on a 0-4 scale, and the assignments groups are weighted in percentages, the Gradebook total will calculate on the 0-4 sca...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students created video projects and submitted them to a Canvas assignment.  I would like to download and save some of the submissions to my computer, but can't find a way to do so.  Is this possible?

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi everyone. As part of evaluating Canvas for my school, I have been experimenting with adding interactive content to courses including embedding flashcards from quizlet.com and studystack.com. Embedding is neat, but I like the option of storing flas...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I changed the color of the course tile. It won't let me go back to neutral. Any ideas?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our teachers are interested in a Pinterest style app for brainstorming.  A bit more free flowing than a Canvas discussion or a Google doc collaboration.  We'd like to ensure their thoughts are not on a public site in the event they share sensitive in...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello All,I need help writing a script.  I would like to use the API to check the "hide_final_grades" box for all of the courses in our Canvas Account / instance.  Is this possible?  If so, what is the best way to go about doing this?  I am not a pro...

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

As part of a Canvas adoption project, we are working with a client to propose new processes for authoring content. We are wondering about the legitimacy of suggesting that they author content using Canvas pages. It seems like faculty and curriculum d...

• 14 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Looks like if we add a Due Date on Discussion, then the Close / Open for Comment is gone. Is that how the design is?Thanks everyone.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I"m new to Canvas and trying to figure out what is best way to handle enrolling users into course sections.We plan to automatically create course shells for all Banner courses (CRN numbers) in a term.  Some instructors teach multiple sections of some...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are looking for a grade report out of canvas that we can pull on a weekly basis to show which students may have a current grade below 70%.  We need to comply with the State Athletic guidelines.Some have suggested Dropout Detective, however due to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn off the ability for TAs and Teachers to access and change the course settings. I can't see this anywhere in the permissions.Our institution has set content and processes so we do not want anything ...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi!My school admin recently added the CK12 app to our Canvas page and I want to add a practice quiz to an assignment.  I can usually see it as an option for an online submission, but I have no idea how to use it.  When I test it out, the app says "yo...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add a student and professor to one section from another section in the same course.  I added them and it sent an invitation.  Beside their names it says pending.  However, they are not seeing an invitation on their end.  Any advice on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,Our schools are in the process of migrating courses from Blackboard 9.1+ version to Canvas. Which of the following version of Common Cartridge would you recommend to use for course migration?Export as Common Cartridge 1.2Export as Common Ca...

• 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to add points to every student's score on an exam? I only see information about quizzes that are set up in Canvas. I do not see any options for manually entered exam scores.  For example, if there was an error in the key or a question,...

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

You can use Roundme to make impressive interactive virtual tours, by combining linked 360° images, hotspots for more info with text, stills and video, and directed audio (an mp3 audio can be triggered when you rotate the image to a specific point).  ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's been noted before that feature requests that are primarily of interest to administrators often don't collect many votes.  I submitted a feature request that's now up for voting, which obviously I think is worthwhile, and I'm trying to 'gin up so...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have the code that embeds a Twitter hashtag search *with images embedded/expanded*? The Twitter LTI does not expand/embed the images and Twitter widget code does not work in Canvas. Thank you.

• 7 Likes
  • 6 Replies