Create a Volunteer Management System - And Link to Required Courses--part 3

Jump to solution
tridoc1
Community Member

This is part three of a multi-faceted question.
I'm the director of a student run free clinic for a large healthcare university. We have huge numbers of students and licensed professionals who volunteer for these events every year, plus hundreds of students who attend the events as credit for required courses.
We had a custom crafted volunteer management system to manage all our events. It is extremely robust and amazing. However. The designer has moved on, and every year, it becomes more and more difficult to troubleshoot problems & keep it functional.

I need to be able to limit the number of student volunteers from different colleges so we get an interprofessional mix.  ex:  2 med students, 2 pharmacy students, 2 PT students, etc..  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx!  mm

0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Again @tridoc1!

I don't see that there is a way to limit the number of student volunteers from different colleges. 

Traditionally courses will just set up enrollment with a giving amount of students that is added to them. 

You can organize your courses by sections. For example, you can have your 2 med students in one section, your 2 pharmacy students in another sections, and your  2 PT students in another section. Not sure if your volunteer management system allows for you to limit users enrolled in different sections. Otherwise you can manually add the students to each of the sections you create. 

HERE is a guide on adding a new section to a course. 

HERE is a guide on how to edit sections for an enrollment in a course

View solution in original post