Disabling Canvas Inbox

KarlOswald
Community Explorer

I know this question has been asked before (by many people), but I truly do not understand why Canvas Inbox can't be disabled. I *fully* understand that messages can be forwarded to my email but that doesn't solve the basic issues. I have SO many messages to deal with, and having one more system (even if it's forwarded) adds unnecessary work. (Note: The subject line of forwarded messages state that I've been sent a message, so I have no idea what the message is actually about.) Additionally -- and this is important -- students use very casual language, often with poor grammar, unreasonable demands, and 'text speak' with Canvas Inbox that they don't use via email. Despite my constant reminders in my syllabus and announcements, I've gotten to the point of simply not responding to messages sent from Canvas Inbox. It's baffling that I can't disable it; it adds nothing and only creates problems. (Others in my department share my frustrations and also don't use it. Without question, it should be an option.)

Labels (1)