cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertLDrake
Community Member

Discussion Page Content Not Visible to Students

Jump to solution

Yesterday I published a discussion page which looks fine on my end, but when my students land on it they see nothing. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenMurphyAdmin
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RobertLDrake ,

I took a look at your course and I notice that the "Micro-training" module is not published. Go to Modules and publish the module associated with the discussion, and then the discussion should become visible to students. 

I hope this helps! Post back if you need further assistance. 

Jen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @RobertLDrake 

First, have you looked at it yourself using the Student View function? See, How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

Second, could you provide us a screenshot of your settings page for that discussion? This would greatly help us diagnose your problem.

Finally, what do you mean by, "they see nothing"? They will always see something, even a black screen is something, and whatever that something is, could be helpful for us trying to figure this out.

Kelley

Tags (2)

Yes, I've tried viewing this from Student View, and see the same thing that my students see. I'll attach three images: one of the Discussion as I created it, another that I received from a student, another of Student View on my computer.

What student sees:

What student seesWhat student sees

The Discussion I created:

What I seeWhat I see

What I see in "Student View":

What I see in STUDENT VIEWWhat I see in STUDENT VIEW

Tags (1)
JenMurphyAdmin
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RobertLDrake ,

I took a look at your course and I notice that the "Micro-training" module is not published. Go to Modules and publish the module associated with the discussion, and then the discussion should become visible to students. 

I hope this helps! Post back if you need further assistance. 

Jen

View solution in original post