Discussion posts made after assigning a grade should appear in Speedgrader

Jump to solution
scott_gunther
Community Member

This has not been addressed, and many people need this update:

Treat graded discussion postings like assignment submissions. When a student makes a posting to a discussion, it shows up on the to-do list regardless of whether they've already been marked or not. Discussions marked "incomplete" or not graded should be given priority, so they show up at the top of the SpeedGrader list.

This has been a known issue for years, but we seem to be ignored or dismissed.

Please fix this. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@scott_gunther ...

In doing a quick search here in the Community, I *think* you are referring to this Idea?

[Discussions] Discussion posts made after assignin... - Instructure Community - 580281 (canvaslms.co...

You will see that these Idea has been added to a larger Theme called Improved grading and feedback workflows for Discus... - Instructure Community - 584293 (canvaslms.co....  You'll see that this Theme has been labled as "Identified".  This Guide details what this means:

How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Co... - Instructure Community - 2980 (canvaslms.com)

There are two windows during the year where Ideas and Themes can be open for voting, and I'd encourage you to read through the following documents:

Please follow the Idea and the Theme that I linked to above so that you have an opportunity to participate in those conversations if/when they open for voting.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes