Displaying Google Calendar on Home Page

Jump to solution
Masonite
Community Member

I'd like to display my Google calendar on the home page of my course.  I'm familiar with embedding the HTML into a Page and having a link to the page on the home screen, but that just displays as a link to the calendar.  I want the actual calendar to display on the home screen.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Masonite  From the screenshot, it appears that you are adding the link to a module, not to a page, so my assumption is that your home page is set to the Modules list. It's not possible to embed content in a module, because modules are content delivery systems—essentially empty containers populated with links to other content—whereas pages incorporate robust embedding capabilities, including access to the RCE and HTML view.

You can create a page that embeds the calendar and drop the link to the page into the module; that will keep students from having to navigate out of the course to see it. Alternatively, if you want the Google calendar to be front and center for your students, consider changing the course design so that the home page is a page of your own design. 

View solution in original post