Draft and Final Submission Paper

Jump to solution
beth_schlenker
Community Explorer

I have an assignment is which students submit a Draft of their paper, have Peers Review it, and then submit a Final version using the feedback from their peers.

My question is, is it possible to have the Draft and Final submission be the same assignment? If so, how does one manage due dates for the Draft and Final Submission?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best,

Beth Schlenker

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
jw2546
Community Coach
Community Coach

@beth_schlenker Unfortunately, at this time there is not the possibility of having multiple stage submissions for an assignment. There is a similar feature idea for multiple due dates on Discussions that may include some ideas that might work for you as a workaround. I have tried doing this by having separate sections for the rough and final, having students in both. Only the last date appears on the assignment or the calendar for them.

--James

View solution in original post

0 Likes
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas allows students to submit as many times as they like before the deadline, whereas our regulations only allow the final version to be submitted.

If you are allowing students to submit drafts, if they don't upload a modified version before the deadline, the last draft becomes the on-time submission.

If a teacher marks an earlier submission the draft and feedback remain accessible (teachers see these in a drop down box) - what the student sees is dependant on whether grades have been posted.

Not sure how this translates into peer review. The line of least resistance could be to set up a draft assignment for peer review with an earlier deadline, then a final submission point for teacher grading ??

View solution in original post

0 Likes