Due Date Showing After Being Removed

Jump to solution
ElizabethPorkko
Community Member

I copied a couple of assignments and discussions from other courses (they had similar format to this course). 

They had due dates from 2022, which I then removed. I then copied the format for the entirety of the course. 

Canvas is still showing that these assignments have the 2022 due dates when looking at each module.

When I go to edit the due dates, there are none. When I masquerade as a student, the 2022 due dates show up in the module view. 

When I click on the assignment, it says "no due date" both as an admin and in student view. 

Is this a small error that will go away, or will it copy for each of my instructors this way? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Hi @ElizabethPorkko,

The date inputs in your screenshot all look correct to me, so I'm at a loss as to why Canvas is showing a due date under those assignments in your modules list.  I'd recommend that you contact Canvas support to report this issue so they can look into this and see if this is some kind of edge case bug in their recent updates to modules.  Posting to the community here is great for confirmation (or not) of issues like this, but confirmed issues do need to ultimately get reported to support so they can get escalated to engineering.

If support is able to confirm the issue or tell you how to fix it, please do come back here and let the community know!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes