Editing a Theme of a Canvas course

Jump to solution
wjbusmc
Community Member

I wonder if anyone knows how to make a specific change to one of Canvas's themes.

I like the text size, placement, and relationship of the Bookmark 2 theme. However, as I was making some changes I wondered if there is a setting somewhere that would allow me to fill the white bookmark icon in with another color. Yes, if I fill in the white bookmark window then the theme will resemble the Color Panel 1 or 2 themes. Yet, in the Color Panel 1 or 2 themes the text size, placement, and relationships differ from the Bookmark 1 or 2 themes.

I have included a screenshot of the theme I am editing. I would like to make the white bookmark icon the dark brown that surrounds it and then make the number the golden color like the word "day" above it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @wjbusmc ...

I do use DesignPLUS (the newest version of Design Tools).  (I used to use Design Tools at my previous College, and I still use it at my current College.)  I noticed that you are still using the legacy version of Design Tools, so I will probably need to search the archives of my brain a little bit to help you out.  At my current job, we are using the most current version of Design Tools...now called DesignPLUS.  As a side note, you might want to check with your school's Canvas admin team to see when they plan on upgrading Design Tools to DesignPLUS.

Are you familiar with Slack?  If so, Cidi Labs (the folks that make Design Tools/DesignPLUS) have a really good Slack channel (which I am a part of), and they have really good support there for questions like how to change the color of that ribbon banner.  (I'm actually not sure if you can change that or not, but the Cidi Labs team would be able to answer this for you.)  Here is how you can sign up: Join Us On Slack | Cidi Labs.

Now, if you are not a Slack user, you can still reach out to Cidi Labs to get support.  Just go to: Support | Cidi Labs and fill out the form.  Their support team is really good at responding to requests.  (There are some weeks they probably get annoyed with me for contacting them so much...LOL!  I kid...I kid.)

I hope this will be of help to you!  Hopefully you'll be able to reach out to Cidi Labs soon and/or join their Slack channel!  There's a lot of great resources for help/support there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes