Edpuzzle integration problem

Jump to solution
RAMONRISERIO2
Community Member

I can see "Edpuzzle" tab in the left hand navigation, but I can see my instructor's Edpuzzle dashboard. I see a login box, but when I try to login appear the message: "User not allowed to modify User". The same problem occurs when I try to include an assignment.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
mswope
Community Contributor

I would suggest clearing cache/cookies on your browser and trying again. We find that this resolves a huge number of our issues like this with Edpuzzle. If that doesn't work, reach out to Edpuzzle support. They are really responsive and will be able to help you with this, as this sounds more like an issue with the Edpuzzle tool than with Canvas itself.

This response was created by one of Instructure’s PandaPros. All Canvas and Mastery Connect users are encouraged to schedule a free 1:1 coaching session between July 18 and September 18, 2022. Learn more by reading our blog!

View solution in original post

brooksjp
Community Member

We managed the fix the "User not allowed to modify User" issue that was popping up when creating an Edpuzzle assignment using the external tool option.  Here are the steps we took:

1. Log into https://edpuzzle.com/
  2. Click on the user icon on the top right. 
  3. Click on your name.
  4. Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Connected accounts'
  5. Disconnect the Canvas account.
  6. Then, go back to Canvas and try creating the assignment again.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 155828.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes