Enabled Side Menu Items Not Showing for Students

Jump to solution
JoannaPenfield
Community Member

I have enabled certain menu options under the navigation tab, but they continue to be hidden on the student view. I have enabled these items (specifically Modules and Announcements) and clicked on Saved. Other menu items I have enabled or disabled are in the correct place and showing or not showing according to my selections. What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JoannaPenfield ...

If you have "Modules" and "Announcements" enabled in your course navigation, you need to have at least one module "published" on the "Modules" page (and also at least one item within that module "published").  The same also applies to your "Announcements" page.  You need to have at least one announcement published in your course in order for the crossed-out eye icon to go away.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

View solution in original post

NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey @JoannaPenfield !

In addition to what @Chris_Hofer said, which is completely correct, if your school pays for canvas, it is also possible that they make some buttons teacher-view only on the course navigation, and that can be for different purposes. I hope that provides you with a little more additional information.

View solution in original post