[Feature Request] Group Courses into folders (customizable dashboard)

Jump to solution
ianjthompson
Community Member

As both a student and and an on-campus tutor, I want to be able to delineate between my actual coursework and my employment responsibilities.  Please allow me to create folders that I can assign my courses to.

The management of folders would appear in the Courses section.  Folders can be created, deleted, and renamed.  Folders can also be favorited to appear on the Dashboard.  Courses within a folder can be favorited separately.  Courses that are favorited, but not in a folder (or courses that are favorited in a folder is not favorited) would appear separately in the Dashboard from favorited folders.  Courses that are not favorited (but inside a folder that is favorited) would not appear in the Dashboard.

Notification settings should be able to be applied at the folder level, to prevent having to duplicate settings between similar courses.  Notification settings should still be able to be applied at the individual course level as well.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @ianjthompson -

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community.

Once you are a Community Member, please use the Ideas & Themes process to share your request with the Product Team. This is where Product Managers review ideas and match them with projects (or, as we call them, Themes).

How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 

What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

View solution in original post