Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, RCE is working fine on the Pages, Quizzes tab but it's not working on the Discussions and announcements tab, RCE enhancements are on ALLOW currently, when I turn it ON it changes everything, I want it to work when RCE enhancements is in ALLOW sta...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, One of the exams I am building has three parts to it. Part A has two open essay type questions worth 10 marks each that are compulsory. Parts B & C both have two essay type questions worth 10 marks each again, however the student only needs...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to move quiz questions from a question bank into a quiz so that the questions are set into the fabric of the new quiz. I'm not interested in 'drawing questions from a bank into a quiz dynamically' when the quiz is running.  I can find instru...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Team, We are using the webhooks / data services feature and we have come across a bit of inconsistency between events that makes it tricky to use. 1) Some include hostname and others don't 2) Some use specific ids (125) and others use global (1234...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have used Canvas A LOT over the past 8 years and have a LARGE number of assignments in my Canvas Sandbox.  When I try to access my assignments in my Canvas Sandbox, I get the "spinning wheel" while Canvas is trying to load the assignments.  Then, I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had my assignments in a good order (basically reverse chronological, without regard to type) and then accidentally re-sorted them reverse chronological (which groups all quizzes together first, then other assignments).  Is there an undo function fo...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As the year comes to an end, I want to know if there is a way to save or archive activities and lessons.  I expect my district to delete coursework as the close of the year.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Recently there were some updates to New Quizzes, like how you accessed the banks and set up quizzes. While I applaud the addition of the Build button, when I get to the build part, two new buttons on the top right make the working box so small you ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just had something upsetting happen.  I am very careful before I post final grades, I double check everything and also keep a paper grid of my students grades. I had a student show me where Canvas had her final grade as a 85.17 but I had writt...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just made a "New Quiz" and am unable to see it in the pull down on the calendar.   It has been published It has a due date Any ideas???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone!  I work at a college and we are using Canvas for all of our courses, and right now we are launching the PSW program on Canvas first (and therefore, all the PSW courses). We know that there are options for Mastery Paths in course modules,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, In order to do an incremental load, is there any way or mechanism which will tell us that courses has updated, so that we will take only that courses in our incremental load.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Because  of a messy  sequence of events, the fact I pass or not an exam is subject to the fact I took it or  not past a certain hour. Is there any way I (or  my teachers) can check the exact time I opened the exam? Asking here first just in case my  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to list all the students in a very large cohort who have not submitted a paper. The plan was to go to Canvas and sort the marks by “Missing” to list those students who have not submitted, then go through a process of manually listing the stude...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all!  I know how to add rubrics to assignments individually, but this is extremely time-consuming to have to add/edit the rubric per each discussion board, or assignment module.  Is there any way to add my "Discussion Board" rubric to ALL discu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for a way to track student hours for a program. I'd like a way for students to "clock in and clock out" that integrates with Canvas; not just the time students spend within the course, but when they get to campus (for a hybrid program whe...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there everyone, I've done some googling, but I haven't been able to find a question/solution that matches mine yet: In order to prepare an automatic upload to a University system, I need to extract a single Excel file that contains both the sco...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello:Tables without header rows go against ADA compliance; screen readers need a header to be clear to the user.Many faculty use tables to space out items because there is no other way to accomplish this using the rich content editor. This causes pr...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Similar to notification badges on app icons and the inbox badges in emails and Canvas. It would be incredibly helpful to develop badges that provide a counter for unread announcements, todo, and other course-related activities in Canvas. It becomes a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that assignments from Google Cloud will not work going forward and that the google LTI is required. Will links from google cloud work or will they be broken unless you use the LTI to link to files? I have both buttons available when I link to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a few courses which are experiencing the same issue:   We use SCORM packages in these courses, published with SCORM 1.2. Each SCORM package contains a quiz and will report a score to the Gradebook. We set the course up to allow students...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   Is it possible to see if you were marked present or absent for each day class was held? https://ometv.onl https://chatroulette.top https://omegle.wtf https://bazoocam.cam thanks alexsunny

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey so, I've just been working on a course which I created in canvas.instructure.com and went to make it public then found I cannot change the visibility. Link Here :- https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/2593990

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an assignment in Week 3 that some students did NOT FINISH. I want to LEAVE the assignment in Week 3 as-is. BUT... I ALSO want to ADD the SAME assignment to Week 4 so that those students who didn't finish in Week 3 can access the SAME assignmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What settings do I need to change, or what do I need to do so Canvas does not send out notifications when I make changes to things?  Obviously, things like Announcements I want all students to see and want them to receive a notification of, but when,...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I want a table with the students missing assignments/assessments (with links) for the current grading period to show up on their home page.  (In the red box)  I currently have an iframe with the grades page there.  It is not very functional.  I have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm annotating PDF's on my Ipad but the toolbar cannot be moved, which is really annoying since it obscures some of the text on the PDF. There should be a toggle button, but in my case it is hidden under the document since the bar is too long....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Blackboard allows a user to archive their course and retain details from the grade center.  Hows does this import into a Canvas course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I am an instructor and have been downloading student's submitted images to my computer for use in a slideshow. The students are uploading images from their phones, but when I download them to my computer they are changed to the .pdf format (N...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, We are looking to pay an LXD consultant/freelancer for in-house projects. Please reply or email info@jff.org if you are interested!   Thanks, Sophie

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies